Planning and Preparing a Pitch (P3 M2: U21) Pitch Your Ideas (P4, M3 - U21)
Learning Outcome 2 (U21): Be able to create a proposal and pitch for an original media product based on a given brief. Pitch your ideas: Learning Outcome 3 (U21): Be able to pitch ideas on a proposed media product and respond to questions.
Learning Outcome 3 (U3): Be able to pitch ideas based on a proposal media product and respond to questions.
I had done a practice pitch as well as a presentation. The reason for this is because this would allow me to gain valuable feedback from the class and teacher. This would help me make an improved pitch and presentation which would help me do my pitch to as high a standard as possible.
Potential client questions
Original Presentation
Feedback received from my practice pitch:
-Change age of target audience
I will be changing my target audience. It was originally from 16 to 24 year olds I will now change it to 18 to 24 year olds . The reason for this is because the range from a 16 to 24 year old is too large. A 24 year old as not likely to have similar interests to a 16 year old. However, at the age of 18 people start to become more mature and both ages will have a more similar interest.
- I must look at the audience more while I am presenting.
The reason I must look at the client more while I am presenting is because the client is the person I will be trying to persuade that I have a good product. It will make the client feel more involved in my presentation and he/she will not feel bored.
- Marketing.
I must mention in my presentation how I will be marketing my product. This is because it is important information and a question that the client may ask. I will be marketing my product using social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc). I will also include a website for my magazine.
-Fonts
I must include the names of the different fonts and also include the significance of using them. This is because there might be a potential question involving fonts.
Final Pitch
Improved Presentation
Showing an understanding of my feedback from pitch (M3)
From my pitch, the client gave me a range of different feedback points which I shall discuss.
Prepare Better
The client told me to be careful about what I am saying and not contradict myself. For example, I had included an image of a magazine cover in which I had previously said was only sold online (during my competitors section). If I had prepared better and a few more practice runs of my pitch then it is likely that I would have spotted this area and altered my presentation slightly to be able to make more sense. Additionally, I need to conduct better competitor research so that I understand the possible threats my magazine has.
Price of the magazine
The client asked if I was happy to stick with a £3 price range. I explained that from my research, this was an affordable price for my target audience. Additionally, I pointed out that the magazine costs £1.50 if readers take out a subscription.
Biodegradable
The client really liked the idea of creating a biodegradable product as this would benefit the environment. I initially considered this as an idea as it encourages more eco-friendly readers, which widens my target audience.
Font
The client noticed that I used a different font for the title of my magazine. I explained why I used it and now understand from the client that this limited my brand identity and consistency.
He told me to stick with the font that was used in the Logo. If I use a different font I have to explain why I used it. This is because there will most probably be a meaning as to why I have done this. For example, I may have a large amount of information therefore, I may add a formal subtitle font.
Mood Board
Following my feedback, I understand that I must make the mood board relevant to what is being spoken about, by giving a meaning for each picture. I have to mention why I used the pictures and what I had learnt about it. I also have to make clear what the colour scheme is and why does it have any relevance to a rap magazine. This feedback is useful to me. This is because the client told me that potential customers would find the magazine more professional for a rap magazine. So this information would allow me to increase my sales of the magazines.
Learning Outcome 3 (U3): Be able to pitch ideas based on a proposal media product and respond to questions.
I had done a practice pitch as well as a presentation. The reason for this is because this would allow me to gain valuable feedback from the class and teacher. This would help me make an improved pitch and presentation which would help me do my pitch to as high a standard as possible.
Potential client questions
- Who are Rhymes' competitors?- Rhymes' main competitor are XXL. This is is because they are well established in the market.
- Where will Rhymes be sold?- Rhymes will be sold in different shops such as newsagents in North London.
- Why have you included these images in your mood board?- I have included these images in my mood board because they relate to my genre (rap).
- What will your double page spread look like?- I will have an image of the artist on the left page of my double page spread and I will have the text on the right hand page of my double page spread.
- Who is Rhymes' target audience?-The main target audience for the magazine are teenagers and young adults.
- What genre is Rhymes?- Rhymes is a rap magazine.
- How much will each issue of Rhymes cost?- Each issue will cost around £3 however, if a subscription is taken it will cost £1.50.
Original Presentation
Feedback received from my practice pitch:
-Change age of target audience
I will be changing my target audience. It was originally from 16 to 24 year olds I will now change it to 18 to 24 year olds . The reason for this is because the range from a 16 to 24 year old is too large. A 24 year old as not likely to have similar interests to a 16 year old. However, at the age of 18 people start to become more mature and both ages will have a more similar interest.
- I must look at the audience more while I am presenting.
The reason I must look at the client more while I am presenting is because the client is the person I will be trying to persuade that I have a good product. It will make the client feel more involved in my presentation and he/she will not feel bored.
- Marketing.
I must mention in my presentation how I will be marketing my product. This is because it is important information and a question that the client may ask. I will be marketing my product using social media (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc). I will also include a website for my magazine.
-Fonts
I must include the names of the different fonts and also include the significance of using them. This is because there might be a potential question involving fonts.
Final Pitch
Improved Presentation
Showing an understanding of my feedback from pitch (M3)
From my pitch, the client gave me a range of different feedback points which I shall discuss.
Prepare Better
The client told me to be careful about what I am saying and not contradict myself. For example, I had included an image of a magazine cover in which I had previously said was only sold online (during my competitors section). If I had prepared better and a few more practice runs of my pitch then it is likely that I would have spotted this area and altered my presentation slightly to be able to make more sense. Additionally, I need to conduct better competitor research so that I understand the possible threats my magazine has.
Price of the magazine
The client asked if I was happy to stick with a £3 price range. I explained that from my research, this was an affordable price for my target audience. Additionally, I pointed out that the magazine costs £1.50 if readers take out a subscription.
Biodegradable
The client really liked the idea of creating a biodegradable product as this would benefit the environment. I initially considered this as an idea as it encourages more eco-friendly readers, which widens my target audience.
Font
The client noticed that I used a different font for the title of my magazine. I explained why I used it and now understand from the client that this limited my brand identity and consistency.
He told me to stick with the font that was used in the Logo. If I use a different font I have to explain why I used it. This is because there will most probably be a meaning as to why I have done this. For example, I may have a large amount of information therefore, I may add a formal subtitle font.
Mood Board
Following my feedback, I understand that I must make the mood board relevant to what is being spoken about, by giving a meaning for each picture. I have to mention why I used the pictures and what I had learnt about it. I also have to make clear what the colour scheme is and why does it have any relevance to a rap magazine. This feedback is useful to me. This is because the client told me that potential customers would find the magazine more professional for a rap magazine. So this information would allow me to increase my sales of the magazines.
Comments
Post a Comment