Post-production techniques and processes (P5: U3)
Learning Outcome 4 (U3): Be able to carry out post-production techniques and processes for an original media product to a client brief
Evidence of post-production techniques and tools used in Photoshop
This was the background I used for my double page spread. The reason I used this background is because it looks scary. Rap is seen as a scary genre. I used a paintbrush tool too make the background look dirty and slightly destroyed. This connotes that it is an intense article
Post-production of front cover

I edited the A4 page to look black. This is because black is a colour that represents the rap genre.


This screenshot shows me erasing parts the of the background the actor was standing infront of. I used the magic wand tool, to remove the original background from my main image. As you can see the original image of my artist was in front of a wall, I removed the background because I didn't feel the grey brick felt the genre and instead chose a plain black background.



I used the shape tool to create a puff. I chose the colour yellow as I felt this would really appeal to my target audience, it's eye catching and stands out. I also wanted to bring in a brighter colour into my colour scheme. I chose the circle shape because I found out from my research that this shape was used a lot.


I put beats in my puff as I was promoting their company. I cut out the beats using the magnetic lasso tool, so that I could put the beats on my chosen yellow background.
Evidence of post-production techniques and tools used in Photoshop
This was the background I used for my double page spread. The reason I used this background is because it looks scary. Rap is seen as a scary genre. I used a paintbrush tool too make the background look dirty and slightly destroyed. This connotes that it is an intense article
During my post production I was testing what colour my fonts should be. I had decided that I would be using white and red. This is so that the writing could be seen well. It also sticks to the colour scheme. I used the colour red as it represented danger and violence which are clear links to the genre.
In this image I had drawn three individual black boxes using the rectangle tool. The reason for this was because I had to make all the writing fit on the left side of the A3 page. I wanted my article to stand out to the reader and separate it from the background. I chose black because again it is a colour associated with Rap. During this part of my post-production I was decreasing the opacity. This would allow the background to be more visible to the reader and creates a sinister feel, again linking to the Rap themes that are sung.
I had all three text boxes made in this image. This was done so that it is easy for readers to read.
Post-production of front cover

I edited the A4 page to look black. This is because black is a colour that represents the rap genre.


This screenshot shows me erasing parts the of the background the actor was standing infront of. I used the magic wand tool, to remove the original background from my main image. As you can see the original image of my artist was in front of a wall, I removed the background because I didn't feel the grey brick felt the genre and instead chose a plain black background.



I used the shape tool to create a puff. I chose the colour yellow as I felt this would really appeal to my target audience, it's eye catching and stands out. I also wanted to bring in a brighter colour into my colour scheme. I chose the circle shape because I found out from my research that this shape was used a lot.


I put beats in my puff as I was promoting their company. I cut out the beats using the magnetic lasso tool, so that I could put the beats on my chosen yellow background.

I am choosing the font in this picture. I chose this font because I believe it is suitable for the rap genre. The font is gothic and I think it will attract the target audience to read the magazine. My research suggests that having a font that stands out will engage the customer to want to read the magazine.
Review of suitability of my magazine front cover and double page spread for the target audience
Front Cover
The Puff would appeal to the target audience. This is because it has a picture of beats which is a popular product within the target audience age group. Beats are one of the leading companies in the headphone market and make loads of sales everyday so it is very likely that they will be recognised by teenagers and young adults.
The colour scheme can catch the eye of the target audience easily. This is because black and red are recognised as violent colours. Rap is recognised as a violent genre and so the target audience will be attracted to the colour scheme. It is likely that Rhymes will attract the target audience as the colours appeal to the reader. If the colours were lighter such as pink the target audience is likely to automatically think that the magazine will not be about rap.
The price on the top right corner will also appeal to target audience. This is because the target audience is not old enough to have a full time job. This means that they will not be currently earning much money. £3.99 is not a lot of money and so it is likely that teenagers and young adults can offered this.
The Mise-en-scene is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the model is wearing a hoodie. Hoodies are a common choice of clothing in the rap scene. This will attract the target audience as they are encouraged by the listening to the rap genre to be wearing the same clothes as rappers do.
The title is likely to attract the target audience. This is because it is big, bold and flashy. The title will attract people because of the font that I chose. The gothic nature of the font is appropriate to my genre and attracts my target audience.
Double Page Spread
The background is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the background is dark and scary. It is likely that Rhymes will attract the target audience as the intense background is likely to grab the readers attention. If the background was plain the magazine would not appeal to readers.
The wording of the magazine is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the content within Rhymes is informal. Teenagers and young adults tend to message each other in an informal manner and so will be able to relate to Rhymes.
The Mise-en-scene is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the model is in dark clothing. This is the type of clothing that rappers wear. People who listen to rap are often influenced to were this type of clothing.
The colour scheme is likely to attract the target audience. Black and grey is appealing to the target audience. This is because rap is a dark and gloomy genre. The target audience is likely to notice the dark colours and recognise the magazine as a rap magazine. This is likely to tempt the target audience to buy an issue.

Review of suitability of my magazine front cover and double page spread for the target audience
Front Cover
The Puff would appeal to the target audience. This is because it has a picture of beats which is a popular product within the target audience age group. Beats are one of the leading companies in the headphone market and make loads of sales everyday so it is very likely that they will be recognised by teenagers and young adults.
The colour scheme can catch the eye of the target audience easily. This is because black and red are recognised as violent colours. Rap is recognised as a violent genre and so the target audience will be attracted to the colour scheme. It is likely that Rhymes will attract the target audience as the colours appeal to the reader. If the colours were lighter such as pink the target audience is likely to automatically think that the magazine will not be about rap.
The price on the top right corner will also appeal to target audience. This is because the target audience is not old enough to have a full time job. This means that they will not be currently earning much money. £3.99 is not a lot of money and so it is likely that teenagers and young adults can offered this.
The Mise-en-scene is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the model is wearing a hoodie. Hoodies are a common choice of clothing in the rap scene. This will attract the target audience as they are encouraged by the listening to the rap genre to be wearing the same clothes as rappers do.
The title is likely to attract the target audience. This is because it is big, bold and flashy. The title will attract people because of the font that I chose. The gothic nature of the font is appropriate to my genre and attracts my target audience.

The background is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the background is dark and scary. It is likely that Rhymes will attract the target audience as the intense background is likely to grab the readers attention. If the background was plain the magazine would not appeal to readers.
The wording of the magazine is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the content within Rhymes is informal. Teenagers and young adults tend to message each other in an informal manner and so will be able to relate to Rhymes.
The Mise-en-scene is likely to attract the target audience. This is because the model is in dark clothing. This is the type of clothing that rappers wear. People who listen to rap are often influenced to were this type of clothing.
The colour scheme is likely to attract the target audience. Black and grey is appealing to the target audience. This is because rap is a dark and gloomy genre. The target audience is likely to notice the dark colours and recognise the magazine as a rap magazine. This is likely to tempt the target audience to buy an issue.









Comments
Post a Comment