Evaluate the response (D1: U21)

Learning Outcome 3 (U21): Be able to pitch ideas on a proposed media product and respond to questions

The client provided me with five pieces of feedback which was extremely insightful. Some points were useful and will help me to develop my product, however some of his feedback was not useful.

The client asked about the price of my magazine. I explained that it was £3 for a printed copy and £1.50 if my readers wanted to take out a subscription. I have decided not to take his advice on board to lower my cost as I have done some further research from looking at magazines such as Wordplay , which costs £3.50, my magazine is cheaper and therefore a competitor to a magazine with a similar genre.

The client really liked the idea of me creating a biodegradable magazine, but said that it would be quite pricey. I chose this form as it is good for the environment and encourages more eco-friendly readers, which widens my target audience. However, from looking at costings I have seen that it costs a lot of money, so I have taken his advice on board and to develop my magazine I will make sure it is recyclable.

Alternatively there is feedback that I will be taking on board to develop my magazine further.

The client told me that I should prepare my presentation better. This is because during the presentation  there was a time where I had contradicted myself. I had included an image of a magazine cover in which I had previously said was sold online. This was done during the competitors section. This problem could have been overcome if had carried out a few more practice runs of my pitch. I could have noticed this error in one of my practice pitch and the problem could have been solved. I could have also done better competitor research so I could understand the possible threats my magazine has to a greater extent. Although this doesn't help with my production, it does help me to develop my ideas and pre-production in terms of knowing who my direct competitors are and how they distributed - for example Wordplay is not actually sold online, which gives my magazine more of a advantage.

One more piece of feedback that the client give me was that he noticed I used a different font for the title of my magazine. I explained why I used this and understood that the client thought that this limited my brand identity and consistency. The client explained that I should use the font that was on the Logo and if I were to use a different font I should explain why I used it. This is because there is likely to be a reasoning behind changing the font. For example, I may have a large amount of information therefore, I may add a formal subtitle font. To develop this idea further I decided to choose one font Chalkduster, as I felt this was much more suited to my genre.

Finally, the client gave me feedback following the mood board. I was told that I have to include pictures that are relevant to what I was saying. I have to mention why I used the pictures in my mood board and what I had learnt about them. The colour scheme has to be made clear and I need to explain why I had used the colours that I did. I believe that this feedback is useful. This is because potential customers would find the magazine more professional for a rap magazine. Therefore, the information that I have been given will allow me to increase the sales of the magazine. Taking this feedback on board, I did some further research into more relevant images that were appropriate to the genre of my magazine, such as the mise-en-scene: clothing, facial expression and clothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning and Preparing a Pitch (P3 M2: U21) Pitch Your Ideas (P4, M3 - U21)

Generating ideas (P1, M1 - U21)

Plan and develop pre-production materials (P3 & M2: U3)