Create production materials (P4 & M3 : U3)
Learning Outcome 3 (U3): Be able to create production materials for an original media product to a client brief.
Asset List:
- Model
- Camera
- Computer/ Photoshop
- Mood board
- Sketches
- Fonts
Body Copy
Asset List:
- Model
- Camera
- Computer/ Photoshop
- Mood board
- Sketches
- Fonts
Body Copy
Rhymes were lucky enough to talk to
an up and coming rap artist in Cooper Trooper. He grew up in Tottenham (North
London) and had a difficult child hood. He was brought up by his mum, who worked day and night to provide for him and his younger brother. Living in a one-bed council estate, Cooper Trooper often wrote and performed short raps to his younger sibling.
Reflecting on his early life, it was difficult and Cooper
Trooper explained from an early age he did not mix with the best of groups. “
In Secondary school I was friendly with gang members, I thank my lucky starts
that I got out when I did, as they are now heavily into crime and drugs”.
As a teenager, life wasn’t going his way. He was in trouble with the law often and he knew that he had to escape his current life as it was not getting anywhere. However, even when life wasn’t treating him well he bounced up and is now a respected rapper that soon everyone will be crazy about.
Although he continuously tried to better himself, Cooper Trooper was in the wrong place at the wrong time and spent time in prison for the crimes he had committed. He was in a prison for a year and this time had helped him think about what he wanted to do with his life, at this point of his life he was determined to make a name for himself somehow.
Although he continuously tried to better himself, Cooper Trooper was in the wrong place at the wrong time and spent time in prison for the crimes he had committed. He was in a prison for a year and this time had helped him think about what he wanted to do with his life, at this point of his life he was determined to make a name for himself somehow.
Now Cooper Trooper is releasing his highly anticipated first album "Toxic” next week and is very happy with his achievement. "It's big news for me, I'm excited for people to hear about what I do and about who I am". He said to us.
Within Cooper Troopers raps he
explains how difficult life is for kids growing up in poverty. He believes that
there is always hope for people who feel as if they had nothing. Cooper Trooper
can relate as he was also one of those people. “There is always escape, this is what
my Mum said. I know that the she only thought of what was best for me”.
Cooper Troopers has always had a
great relationship with his mother and has lots of respect for her. “My mum didn’t have it easy either, she work
three jobs and her work hours at best were 14 hours in a single day”. He felt that the best
way of helping his family in which were in such poverty was to rob people and
places. “At the time
I felt that I was doing what was best for the family, but now I'm older, I've had time to reflect on my mistakes and hopefully my music will positively influence young kids today”.
We asked Cooper Trooper what made
him want to start rapping. He replied, “I was always musical even as a child. I started
rapping when I was just 6 years old but I never tried to make anything from it. It
was only when me and a few people in prison started doing rap battles is when I
realized it is what I wanted to do.”
“Every day we would have rap battles and those who said they were
serious about rapping...I whipped the floor with!”
After asking Cooper Trooper who he idolises in the rap industry he said Eminem. "His lyrics reflect all the difficulties in his past and I grew up listening to this, which really inspired me". Within the rap society, white males aren't as prominent and Cooper Trooper wants this to change. "I speak to a lot of white kids who live in the same area that I grew up in and they don't believe they can make it like I can. I really hope my success proves you can achieve what you set your mind to"
To buy the brand new album 'Toxic" you can download it on Spotify. You can also scan the QR code on your phone for a sneak peak of the album a week early!
Thumbnails

After asking Cooper Trooper who he idolises in the rap industry he said Eminem. "His lyrics reflect all the difficulties in his past and I grew up listening to this, which really inspired me". Within the rap society, white males aren't as prominent and Cooper Trooper wants this to change. "I speak to a lot of white kids who live in the same area that I grew up in and they don't believe they can make it like I can. I really hope my success proves you can achieve what you set your mind to"
To buy the brand new album 'Toxic" you can download it on Spotify. You can also scan the QR code on your phone for a sneak peak of the album a week early!
Thumbnails

These are the thumbnails of all the pictures I had taken while using the camera.
Evidence of me setting up equipment and taking photos
This is me taking pictures and setting up equipment.
Setting up the appropriate software
The front cover was A4. This is because it was not needed to be very big.
The double page spread was A3. This is because it was supposed to have writing on one half and an image on the other. The A3 size allows me to use it as two pages.
Chosen Picture
This was the image that I had chosen to use for the Front cover. This is because it is a clear picture of the model. I cropped out the model as he was not in the middle of the picture.
Picture that wasn't chosen
This image was not chosen. This is because the clothing of the model did not fit the "rapper" look. The model is wearing a blue shirt which is too formal to be used in a rap magazine.
Codes and conventions of my pre-production materials
Location
I had chosen for the location of my to be in front of a grey brick wall. This is because it represents that rap genre. It represents the rap genre as rappers tend to come from places that are not modern. A brick wall represents an area that is not built up well.
Costume
The model is wearing a hoodie. This represents that rap genre. Rappers often wear baggy clothes such as hoodies.This is because it makes the rapper seem slightly more scary. Rappers also try to give off that they are not people to be intervened with.
Facial Expression
The model has a serious face impression. Rappers tend to look as if they are always serious. This is because often in their song lyrics they speak about how difficult life was for themselves before they had become famous.
Article Idea
In Rhymes rappers will be interviewed in each issue. This is likely to attract people to buy the latest issue to keep up with information about their favorite rappers lives. It could also encourage people to do more research and listen to a rappers songs that they have never heard of before reading Rhymes.


Comments
Post a Comment