Meeting the client brief (M4, D1 - U3)

Learning Outcome 4 (U3): Be able to carry out post-production techniques and processes for an original media product to a client brief.

Front Cover



Double page spread



Both images have been exported as JPEGs.

(M4, D1 - U3)

Meeting the client brief and creating meaning

Front Cover

Front cover Font tool - Layer Style





The screen shot above links to the target brief. This is because I was supposed to write about an up and coming vibrant scene. In my double page spread I wrote about the new up and coming rapper named Cooper Trooper. I also write about rap which is a vibrant music scene that is becoming more increasingly popular. I used a stroke on this to provide two colours on the artist's name so that my target audience remember his name. It stands out more to the reader and promotes the artist.

Front cover Colour Scheme 

The colors I have used for my front cover are black, red and yellow. I think that there are many reasons as to why these colours suit the rap genre. The best suited colour for rap is black. This is because the darker colours connote to the rap genre.  Rap is a genre that is very blunt an rappers tend to express whatever they are feeling, usually dark feelings. Red shows excitement and it is a colour that is mainly for both genders and ages, this will suit my target audience. I used the colour tools to enhance colours further, and also with my double page spread Yellow is also an exciting colour. This is because it is bright and could suggest that it will be a joyful read. This links to my client brief as it reflects a vibrant music scene.



Puff Tool

I used the shape tool to create a puff. I chose the colour yellow as I felt this would really appeal to my target audience, it's eye catching and stands out. I also wanted to bring in a brighter colour into my colour scheme. I chose the circle shape because I found out from my research that this shape was used a lot. This links to my client brief as it reflects the vibrant music scene developing locally. This shape was used to reflect my artist's never ending passion for the music he creates.



Magic wand tool

This screenshot shows me erasing parts the of the background the actor was standing infront of. I used the magic wand tool, to remove the original background from my main image. As you can see the original image of my artist was in front of a wall, I removed the background because I didn't feel the grey brick felt the genre and instead chose a plain black background.
This links to my client brief as I created original content and placed him on a black background to reflect the colour scheme that I have discussed above.





Double page spread

Double page spread background

This was the background I used for my double page spread, this background was used to convey my genre Rap, as a threatening genre. I used a paintbrush tool too make the background look dirty and slightly destroyed. This connotes that it is an intense article and links to the client brief because the brief asked me to create original content, therefore I took an image and edited it to become my own.




Double page Colour scheme

For my double page spread I used the colours black, red and white. As I said previously the colour black is very well suited for the rap genre. The rap genre is a very blunt genre and rappers tend to express their thoughts and feelings, the feelings are mostly dark feelings. The colour white does not correlate to the rap genre as such but I added this colour because it suited the background well, therefore, making the double page spread look more appealing. I used red because as I previously said I think it is a colour that shows excitement. The red colour also links to the passion of my article and artist. It looks very eye catching. This links to my client brief as it reflects a vibrant music scene.



Brand recognition -



This screen shot links to the target brief as the magazine is supposed to be about North London. My double page spread is about a rapper who was born and bred in North London. I used the Rhymes logo from my front cover and ensured it was red because it creates brand recognition.



This screen above also links to the target brief. This magazine is supposed to be mainly London based. I have decided that the magazine will only be sold within North London.

Both Front Cover and Double Page Spread Fonts

During this project I had decided on using three different fonts. Argor, Blackadder and Ariel. The font Argor was supposed to be my masthead of the front cover. After testing this I decided against that idea. This is because Argor is a font that is very difficult to read and so I think it would not be the ideal font to be used as a masthead. The font that I had decided to us was Chalkduster, the reasoning for this is that it is an exciting font but at the same time is clear and readers will not have any difficulty reading it.

Blackadder was the font that I used the most in both my front cover and double page spread. This is because it looks to be a very exciting font and it is very clear so it is easy to read.  I did not use Ariel this is because I thought that Blackadder was a more suitable font for the rap genre.

Summary - Links to the client brief
In summary I believe that my product is in line with the client brief. This is because I have based my magazine in North London. The model that I have used in my front cover is a North London rapper. In the double page spread I have written an article about the rapper and interviewed him about his life  experiences living in North London.
My content that I have created is original. This is because I had written my own body copy, took my own images and chose my colour scheme. There is also no other Music magazine called Rhymes.
'Rhymes' reflects the vibrant music scene developing locally for people to find out about. The colours that I have used reflect the vibrant scene that the rap genre sets.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning and Preparing a Pitch (P3 M2: U21) Pitch Your Ideas (P4, M3 - U21)

Generating ideas (P1, M1 - U21)

Plan and develop pre-production materials (P3 & M2: U3)